Reels are gaining more and more popularity across the internet. Not only are they interactive, they are also a great form of self-expression. So, if you have been looking for ways to repost a reel on your Instagram account, the steps are fairly simple.
However, at present, Instagram allows you to directly repost a reel via stories only. If you want to repost and share someone else’s Instagram reels to your feed or reels, there are some restrictions involved. Firstly, there are risks of copyright infringement. Not every creator on Instagram wants their reels shared without their permission.
So, if you wish to share someone else’s Instagram reels to your account, there are certain factors you have to keep in mind. This article will walk you through all the specifics you need to know.
Does Reposting Instagram Reels Help Brands Grow?
When it comes to Instagram reels and reposting them, the most common question that people have is regarding the boost it brings the brands.
Does it even make a difference?
Well, it does. Content creation is an extremely exhausting process, which involves a lot of planning, strategizing, and execution. So, if you get to eliminate this whole part and head directly to the reposting part, it saves you a lot of time and hassle.
Not only does it save you a significant amount of time, but reposting already popular Instagram reels to your account can help you boost your user engagement, which is another benefit. It broadens your reach and helps you reach a wider audience.
Is it Okay to Repost Someone Else’s Instagram Reel?
Well, this is a subjective question.
You will come across thousands of general Instagram pages that repost other content creators’ reels to their accounts and gain views, likes, and comments. Is it legal? Technically yes (unless mentioned otherwise.)
If you are reposting someone else’s Instagram reel to your account, there are two ways to do so legally and ethically:
- You can directly ask the creator permission to repost their video to your account.
- You can repost the reel and then tag the creator in the caption to ensure that they benefit from the repost too.
You don’t want to repost someone else’s video on your Instagram account and then have they get angry at you for doing so. Hence, it’s ideal if you cross-check whether it’s okay to repost and then proceed with the same.
Additionally, some creators mention in their reels caption if they don’t want the video to be reshared without permission. If that’s the case, you shouldn’t repost the video without permission. It might land you in legal trouble otherwise.
Following are some tips to engage with creators whose Instagram reels you wish to repost:
- Start by sending the creator a direct message with the reel that you wish to report. Tell them why you wish to do that and how it will benefit them (exposure, engagement, etc.)
- You can comment on the creator’s post and applaud them for the content. This enables you to build a virtual relationship with the creator, making it easier for you to approach them about asking permission for the reposting.
- If you want to keep things more professional, we’d recommend you reach out to the content creator directly via email. This enables you to discuss the options with the creator and settle on what’s feasible for both parties.
Doing these will ensure that you have formal permission from the creator to repost their content without any risks.
Ways to Repost on Instagram
Instagram doesn’t allow users to repost the reels on the feed and as individual reels on their accounts. At present, you can only repost Instagram reels of other creators on your Instagram stories.
However, there are a few ways to bypass the issue. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Using screenshot
The first way is using the screenshot method. For this, you first need to find the reel that you wish to share and take a few screenshots. From there, you’d have to follow the steps mentioned:
- Once you have taken all the relevant screenshots, you have to open your Instagram app and tap on the “New Post” button.
- Under that, you’d have to select “Post.”
- You then have to select the image and add relevant filters and edit the images.
- When you are posting screenshots of other people’s reels, you’d need to give them credit. You can tag them in the post or mention them in the caption too.
- Once done, you can go ahead and share the post.
If this doesn’t seem interactive to you, another trick way is to use third-party reposting apps.
2. Third-party apps
Posting the screenshot version of your Instagram reel isn’t as simple as you think. What we’d recommend you do in that case is use third-party applications. There are quite a few different ones available that you can consider looking into.
Some of the most popular ones are:
- Repost: For Instagram
- Repost for Instagram (by Sepia Software)
- Repost for Instagram – Regrann
All of these apps work on the same principle, it allows you to share other people’s content on your Instagram account.
How to Share Instagram Reel via Instagram Stories?
Now that you have a good idea about Instagram reels and how to repost them via different methods, let us look at the simple and direct way of reposting the Instagram reels via Stories.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Find the reels that you want to repost.
- Click on the “Share” button and then find the “Share to Story” option.
This will allow you to share the Instagram reel directly to your Instagram stories in no time at all. The steps are fairly simple.
What are the Benefits of Reposting Reels?
Reposting reels on Instagram comes with a lot of benefits. However, we understand that you might not be aware of all the benefits of reposting the reels. So, let us get those straightened out first.
1. Get better reach
One of the biggest benefits that you get with reposting Instagram reels is to get seen by more people. It enables you to reach a new section of the audience and bring in more engagement than you had before. This is one of the reasons most digital marketing firms leverage the power of content resharing to gain a wider reach to their audience.
2. Keep things fresh
If you are bored out of your mind with your current Instagram content strategy, adding the reposting strategy is a great way to keep things fresh. It adds a touch of variance to your Instagram, allowing you to gain more engagement and save for the content you are posting.
3. Build connections
When you repost other people content on your Instagram account, it is effectively a great way to engage with them and build connections with other Instagram users. You can let the other creators know that you like their content and network with them as well. You might not know this but extensive networking is a great way to land brand deals and collaborations of your dream.
4. Boost engagement
Reposting other people’s Instagram reels is a great way to increase engagement in your account. What you can do is post other people’s reels to your Instagram account and then tag them. What this does is lead to better engagement in your account. Sounds like a pretty good deal, doesn’t it?
5. Share knowledge
Reposting other people’s reels is a great way to share your knowledge with other people and have the time of your life garnering people’s attention. What we’d recommend you do in that case is share relevant reels that align with the niche of your account.
These are a bunch of benefits that you can reap when you repost the content on your Instagram account.
Top Tips to Follow when Reposting Reels on Instagram
Following these tips will further optimize the content you are posting and ensure that you have better outreach with the content in the long run.
- Always use the reels and stories to repost other people’s reels. This might not sound as fruitful but it works quite well.
- If the Instagram reel you are reposting is too long, always ensure that you are trimming the post before you share it.
- When reposting the Instagram reels, we’d recommend that you follow what other people are posting and opt for the ones that are gaining good visibility.
These tips will come in handy in the long run, making it easier for you to gain more visibility and engagement with it.
If you are planning to repost other people’s Instagram posts but have been confused about how to get about the process, we hope these tips give you all the insights you need. Furthermore, you have to keep in mind that Instagram is consistently updating its algorithm, so you have to align things accordingly. Doing so should help you gain better visibility in the long run.